Want to know my packing list a.k.a ‘What’s In My Bag’ for our New Zealand trip coming up this weekend? Keep Reading..
As some of you may or may not know this, but….WE’RE GOING TO NEW ZEALAND ON SATURDAY! Ah! I’ve been so busy that it just hit me that we’re ACTUALLY going. New Zealand has been on both mine and Stevie’s bucket list for years and we feel so incredibly blessed to see it in our lifetime. We’re teaming up with Contiki again to see everything there is in the South region for 9 days! We did a major European tour with them (remember?) and it was a blast. We knew that partnering with them for this adventure would be so worth it. Our itinerary is insane (I mean this in a good way). We’re going to see so many things on this adventure that I have goose-bumps just thinking about it. Have any of you been to New Zealand? We’ll be in the south island and we’re pumped!
New Zealand might not sound too far away…but it’s actually 21 hours ahead of LA. Woah! The airplane ride over is going to kill me. ha! With that being said, I feel like a rookie who has never packed a suitcase before. The goal is to pack light but bring my entire life with me?..
I knew Stevie and I needed to really think about this before we leave our LA home because there’s stuff we always forget. LOL Thankfully I’ve been keeping track of an ‘essentials list’, so here’s a sneak peek into my bag just for you. Please note – this isn’t everything I’m taking but a sneak peek at the good stuff! 😉
1. Stevie -I’m glad he doesn’t fit in my bag because who would hold them?! ha Kidding! Love you babe. 😉
2. Skincare – I cannot go ANYWHERE without my Sunday Riley products. We’re going to be outside a lot so I’ve got to bring a few musts (including SPF not pictured). I’ve been using the clay cleanser and Good Genes product for 3 months now and I’ve never seen my skin so radiant and blemish-free! I’m also taking a bar of soap with me for the shower – I recently quit using body wash because the fragrance in most washes makes my arms break out!
3. Comfy Shoes – No heels for this trip. (saaaay what?) I just bought an array of new sandals and comfy flats specifically for this trip. I also got some Sazan-approved hiking shoes! (not pictured..stay tuned) I might sneak one pair of heels in my suitcase – maybe.
4. Cute Hats – I’m pretty sure i’m going to be lazy with my hair (I always am when I travel out of the country) so I definitely have to take a couple of cute fedoras with me.
5. Rompers and Shorts – I’m bringing a few comfy/cute rompers and plenty of denim cut-off shorts that are going to be key for all of the activities we are going to be doing. Stevie convinced me to be smart with my outfit choices and leave the off-shoulder dresses at home (LOL!) because comfort is going to be key.
6. Cute-but-Cheap Sunnies – I don’t plan on taking my Celine’s with me on this trip. I bought some different aviator styles (only $12!) and a pair of clear ones that will match everything from Quay Australia ($50)
7. Travel-sized products – Minus the shampoo + conditioner I found a miniature version of my L’Oreal hairspray which is going to save me tons of room!! I have quite a few other favorite products but I’m going to condense them into little travel sized containers. And speaking of travel-sized I am a HUGE fan of the ‘Flint’ roller I got from The Container Store – it’s basically a portable lint roller that you can take with you wherever you go. I can twist and un-twist to open it whenever I need to. It’s a life-saver!!
8. Outerwear Game Strong – Although it’s about 70 degrees in New Zealand right now, there’s a chance it could rain at any time while we’re there so I’m packing my super light-weight puff jacket that fits inside of a little bag. (see image above – it says BCBGeneration) I’m also packing a cozy sweater for the plane.
I’m excited for this you guys!! I look forward to sharing photos and videos with you so be sure to follow me on Snapchat: SazanBarzani as well as my Instagram. Are any of my readers out there from New Zealand? Would love to know any fun things we should see/do!!
Love you guys!