Photo cred: Sophie Elkus
And so the packing process begins. As I prepare for my month long getaway, I’m finding myself not waiting last minute to pack (for once!) and realizing this totally affects the process in a good way. When it comes to shopping for a trip, Target is always my one-stop shop. It’s literally one of those places I go in to buy one thing and end up leaving with a shopping cart full. I recently spotted this summery striped carry-on bag that I actually thought was purse until I opened it and noticed how spacious it expands. I instantly pictured everything inside from my lap-top, snacks and magazines to my in-flight accessories and more. I’m glad I ended up getting it because it’s a colorful way to travel in style. Fun fact: I travel a lot and in the beginning I used to panic and forget things, but now I’ve got a system down. I’ve learned that if you plan all your outfits ahead of time (with a few extra as back-up options) and make a list of things not to forget the day before you leave, you’ll be panic-free and as cool as a cucumber at the airport terminal (unlike my hotmess self).
5 Easy Tips for Packing Light:
1. Don’t wait last minute! (I’m guilty of this)
2. Make a list of what you can’t forget and check it off the items as you pack them away.
3. Roll your clothing (instead of folding!) to make more room in your luggage/carry-on.
4. Plan your outfits ahead of time and write them down so you don’t forget. This prevents you from over-packing.
5. Utilize travel-size containers for shampoo, face wash, lotion etc. This will save you tons of luggage space/weight!
Hope this helped! xx
-Shop the Post-
Find your style @targetstyle.
Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.