Tag Archives: tips
Coco Chanel said it best. The most powerful accessory a woman can own is her class. Sometimes the way we dress can give off the wrong signals and impressions. For me personally, I like to leave a lil’ somethin-somethin for the imagination. This flirty skirt I’m wearing today shows off my legs, but everything else is pretty subtle.
Tip: Try not to show off more than one asset at a time.
In conclusion, there is always a classier way to go about pretty much anything. When it comes to the subject of dressing your body, show off your best assets in a way that will not only compliment your figure but will also show off your class.
Have a wonderful and classy day!
Hey guys! I hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday afternoon, and thanks for stopping by my blog! One of the most challenging things about being a fashion blogger is having to constantly update your closet for content. I am someone who will rarely wear the same outfit twice, but I try to re-work certain pieces into every season. I love fashion, but I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on clothing when new trends are happening everyday!
One of these trends that I found for WAY less recently are my fierce green aviator sunglasses from Forever21! They totally replicate Ray Ban’s version of these sunglasses, and I approve!
In conclusion! Style isn’t all about the labels, instead, it’s about the creativity that you put into your outfits. It’s alright to invest in a guilty pleasure item (ie. like these Louboutins), but make the most of your investment by purchasing something that you can wear more than once.
Hope you guys enjoy my everyday styles for fashionistas on a budget! Have a stylishly fierce day!
Hey music lovers, you know that exciting feeling you get when you first discover an artist or song you’ve never heard before? Well, I am sort of experiencing that same feeling- but in the form of fashion. My designer pal and founder of FashionMunster.com and Munster PR, Isaiah Garza, recently shared one of his new designer clients who I’m currently obsessing over! I did my research and was shocked that I am just now discovering Hong Kong designer Ika Butoni! If you are someone who pays close attention to details, you too might become obsessed because they create intricate patterns, hand works, embroideries and add the right accessories as a final touch to the end lines. I’ll shut up now, and let these dresses do the talking.
I love that the shape and pattern of these dresses are totally on point with the mod fashion trends we’ve been seeing a lot of this season. These dresses are what I like to call a winning jackpot- something that looks great on every age and body shape. The bold pattern distracts the eyes (in a good way!) from noticing any imperfections in the tummy area! Again, whether you’re 15 or 50, these dresses are classy but flirty at the same time. Totally loving it.This metallic dress on the left is a stunner! I can see my mom wearing it, but me borrowing it! hehe. Totally perfect for a date night or special occasion.
If you’d like to learn more about Ika Butani and where you can shop this brand, visit here.
Meet: An Aspiring Singer/Song-Writer
This month I am shining my Spaz Spotlight on Patricia Castillo, an aspiring contemporary gospel and pop artist from Dallas, Texas who is singing her way to the top! Castillo’s inspiring journey highlights the importance of never losing faith- no matter what comes your way. Whether you are aspiring to become a musical artist yourself, or simply lack the motivation to do what you truly love- this interview will give you that little push to pursue your passions.
1. SPAZ: For our Spazzers, who want to get to know you, briefly tell us about the journey it has taken to get here today.
Castillo: My musical journey began at about age 4. I felt a genuine interest, a calling, in creating the sounds, and feeling the emotions of music. I come from a musical family and give much credit to my mother and grandmother for introducing me to the piano. Growing up, I sacrificed play and free time for learning more songs and preparing music for our local Christmas program. I have to give credit to my family, my home church, church staff, other musicians, educators, friends, and supporters who have all made this journey possible.
Castillo: My music is inspired by everyday life, feelings, my family, nature, and my faith, most importantly.”
3. SPAZ: Dead or alive, who is one artist you idolize.
Castillo: Chris Martin from Coldplay. I went to a concert this past summer, and am overwhelmed with excitement, even when I watch the recordings that I captured from my cell phone…eeekk! His songwriting is very intimate, and I love the way he rides his piano bench!
4. SPAZ: What are some challenges that you’ve faced or are currently facing as an aspiring artist?
Castillo: Being broke! [laughs] The journey has brought on uncertainty [at times] about whether I’d like to continue with my musical aspirations, but then I will have some sort of providence, that feeds my faith. I have also dealt with physical challenges- minor back problems. It is a constant pain that saps my energy, but I stay positive, and continue doing what I can. Also, at times, I am challenged with figuring out exactly what I’d like to do, solely, whether it be a Singer-Songwriter role, or recording artist, etc. Overall, I try not to see them as ‘challenges’, rather, opportunities to grow.
5. SPAZ: Any current projects? Plans for the future?
Castillo: Yes! Current projects include collaborating with other local artists, and recording a new album! Also, I am auditioning to sing The National Anthem at a Texas Rangers game for 2013. Wish me luck!
6. SPAZ: What is one tip you can give to young guys and gals who want to pursue a similar career in the competitive music industry?
Castillo: One tip is to stay true to one’s self.
7. SPAZ: You sing and you song-write. Which one out of the two is your favorite?
Castillo: That is a tough one, but I would have to say singing, because, it is then, I can hear my idea out loud, and have the satisfaction of expressing myself.
Castillo: You can download my original song on iTunes. Simply search Patricia Castillo, and you will see my photo, and my song, “Take My Hand”. Search Patricia Castillo Musician/Band on Facebook, La Patricia La on Youtube and my website- PatriciaCastilloMusic.com.
Hope everyone had a spazzztastic Christmas! Mine turned out to be amazing! I have no complaints and get this- it snowed here in Texas! Now it’s time to get ready for New Years, and I’m super excited because I’ll be ringing in 2013 in Austin with my closest pals.
Speaking of the New Year, I thought I would share a fun little video about some of my favorite beauty items and must haves going into 2013. I want to apologize for the length of this video. It runs at about 11 minutes- I promise to keep it short next time! ha!
SPAZ Beauty Talk
1. Viviscal®- The ultimate hair growth supplements that are scientifically proven to help nourish thinning hair and promote existing hair growth* from within. Only Viviscal® Supplements contain the exclusive marine complex AminoMar™.
(Retail price: $50)
2. Batiste Dry Shampoo- Batiste Dry Shampoo is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. It’s that simple and perfect for on the go!
(Retail price: $10)
3. Too Faced Chocolate Matte Bronzing Powder: combines the natural, therapeutic effects of real cocoa powder with their signature bronzing pigments, creating a unique matte bronzer that neutralizes red and evens out and enhances all skintones.
(Retail price: $29)
4. STILA All Over Luminizer: Ideal for all skin types, a deluxe brush tip makes application a breeze and leaves skin with a dewy, luminous glow.
(Retail Price: $21)
5. Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer: Works like magic! This product is oil-free, creamy, and blendable and has the ability to hide tattoos, dark circles, and blemishes alike!
(Retail price: $30)
6. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder: Formulated for all skin types, the powder contains micronized pigments that will not settle in fine lines or accentuate shadows and instantly delivers a soft, weightless finish.
(Retail price: $22)