Tag Archives: shopping
Happy New Year! I am currently in the plane headed to Florida to host the Kurdish Youth Festival this weekend. Can’t wait to meet some of you there! I hope you all had a fantastic New Years Eve celebration (I sure did!). I was looking through some of my 2013 selfies and decided to share my favorite lipsticks of 2013 that are definitely sticking around this year.
If you want your lips to look smooth and look “perfect” with your lipstick on, it’s all about the prep! Every night before bed, I always apply a deep moisturizing lip balm sleep with it on. It seriously keeps my lips nice and smooth the next day!
I rocked A LOT of fun lipstick shades last year. For a while, I was really into the vamp look! Let’s take look back and see some of my favorite makeup selfies and lipstick shades that I will definetly rock again in 2014.
Wearing: MAC lipstick in “Morange“
I love this bright orange lipstick from Mac! It’s perfect for the spring and summer seasons ahead. Mac’s lipsticks are rich and pigment (major plus!!) so you won’t need to re-apply over and over again.
Wearing Yves Saint Laurent in “Blood Red“
Meet the perfect red lipstick. YSL beauty is one of my favorite cosmetics line, hands down. I use their highlighter and it’s A-mazing! The lipsticks are highly pigmented and give your lips a radiant, satin finish. AKA it doesn’t get all dry and nappy! I usually apply this lipstick once in the day and then once again at night. That’s all you need- It lasts all day long!
Wearing Too Faced lipstick in “Nude Peach“
A nude lipstick is important to have! This nude shade I’m wearing from Too Faced cosmetics is my everyday go-to when I’m going for a more natural look. Their ‘La Creme’ lipsticks are so perfect because they are very rich in pigment and also a glossy coat to finish off your look. It’s like a lip gloss and lipstick all in one and I love it!
Wearing Wet ‘n Wild in “Black Orchid” (sold out) // (Try MAC “Rebel”)
Dark purple/plum lipstick shades can be very daring! At first I thought there was no way I’d rock a gothic lip. ha! I decided to try it out for fun and I’m so glad I did. The vamp lip was definitely my favorite lipstick trend this past year. I love it so much! I don’t plan on parting ways with this shade any time soon.
Which lipstick shade was your personal favorite?
Christmas is literally one week away, can you believe it!? If you haven’t covered all the to-do’s on your Christmas list, no worries. I finally edited my holiday gift guide video for the ladies. Make sure you watch and comment on the video to let me know what video you want to see me do next!
-Shop the Post-
1. Elf Makeup Set| 2. Elf Brush Set | 3. Bumble & Bumble Spray | 4. Somee Holiday Cards | 5. Nail Polish Set | 6. Victoria’s Secret Scents | 7. GHD Pink Styler | 8. Spaz x Madly Yours Clutch (details coming soon) | 9. Wrapped LA
I have one more gift guide video I did with Target coming soon, and a big surprise- so stay tuned!!
Happy Hump Day! Today’s outfit is one for the books. I am obazzzed with the boho chic look, it’s an absolute favorite of mine. When people ask me to describe my personal style, it’s so hard because I literally dress based on my mood for that day. AKA my style changes daily! However, no matter what style I’m in you’ll always see a pop of color or an oh-em- gee statement piece! In case you didn’t notice, I shot this outfit a couple of weeks ago- my hair gives it away. Anyways, I love these boots from Timberland. They’re so comfy and actually the only pair of high boots that I own at the moment. They match almost everything!
P.S The winner for my Frankie Rose Cosmetics giveaway is….
We can’t have Thanksgiving without some shopping the day after! Right!? I typically try to stay away from crazy-busy stores on Black Friday, because I end up feeling so overwhelmed and forget why I’m there in the first place. Oops! The best Black Friday advice I can give to you this year is to plan out your shopping day before you hit the door. I’ve included some tips below as well as some of the awesome discounts happening at my favorite stores!
1. Make a List- What do you absolutely need? 80% should be needs and the other 20% wants. If you stick to your list, you get distracted and buy everything in sight that has a red sticker on it. You can also make it even easier for yourself by downloading the Black Friday app that will literally help you in more ways than one.
2. Dress Comfortably- Sounds silly but so many people are rushing to the stores they forget to wear appropriate clothes,comfortable shoes and a bag that you can keep attached to you at all times (a cross body or messenger bag is best). Don’t wear anything you’re afraid of losing. Black Friday is no joke!
3. Keep Receipts in One Place- You might get something that you hate and want to return but misplace the receipt! I hate when this happens! Tip: Put a plastic zip-lock bag in your purse and place all of your receipts inside of it. Sometimes when you leave your receipts in the shopping bag or throw it in your purse, you forget about it! You’ll want to keep everything in case something doesn’t work or you regret the purchase.
4. Four Hands Are Better than Two- Bring a buddy! You are not only splitting your strategy by getting some help, but allowing honest assessments about clothing choices and whether the price is really a bargain. I’m indecisive when it comes to shopping so I definitely would need a buddy or two!
5. Follow Brands on Twitter- Thanks God for social media! You never know what your favorite brand might tweet about a sale or new offer. Keep an eye on social media by checking on the latest hashtag #BlackFridayDeals to see what steals people are about!
H&M: Deals starting at $2.95, Scratch-offs for the first 100 people with values up to $300, “Black Friday Deal Days” leading up to Black Friday with up to 70% off at H&M
DVF: Get $50 off when you spend $200 online with code DVFINSIDER now through Dec. 31.
Nordstrom: 40% Kate Spade handbags + more.
Gap: Head over to Gap for up to 60% off online and in-store Nov. 30 through Dec. 2.
BaubleBar (Jewelry): The more you spend, the more you save on BaubleBar‘s selection of jewels. You’ll earn 15 percent off two items with code FRIDAY15, 25% off three items with code FRIDAY25, and even 35 percent off four items or more with code FRIDAY35 on Nov. 29. (My fav is this necklace**Also the one from the collage above!)
Forever 21: Enjoy pre-Black Friday sales at Forever 21 beginning Nov. 20 and featuring styles up to 50 percent off. On Nov. 29, look forward to yellow-tag deals with items starting at $3.
Shopbop: Save 15 percent when you spend $250, 20 percent when you spend $500, and 25 percent when you spend $1,000 on Shopbop from Tuesday (Nov. 26) through Cyber Monday.
House of Harlow: Receive 25 percent off the entire site using the code BLACKHOH from Thursday, Nov. 21, through Cyber Monday.
Bath and Body Works: Spend $40, and get a limited-edition VIP tote filled with the brand’s best sellers for just $20
MAC Cosmetics: Visit the Macy’s counter or website to get the new matte, black lipstick Hautecore
Macy’s: Special sets from brands like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Smashbox, Origins, bareMinerals, on November 29.
Red Carpet Manicure: In Ulta stores, get the Red Carpet Manicure Pro 45 Starter Kit for $50 (originally $80).
Sephora: $10 deals beginning November 29.
Clarisonic: Pick up the new Mia First for only $99 from November 26 to December 5, as well as on December 9, 26, and January 5.
Drybar: Joy to the Hair gift certificates are on sale for $40 (originally $50). Each coaster can be redeemed for one blowout and a scalp massage.
Nordstrom Beauty: Nordstrom stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but you can rest and shop the sales during extended hours on Friday, November 29 and Saturday, November 30. If you shop at a Nordstrom store and spend $150 on women’s fragrance, you can get a snow globe gift with purchase.