Tag Archives: Sazan
Shirt: Target (shop similar)
Denim Vest: Nasty Gal (wearing M) - shop similar
Boots: Pink and Pepper
Bag: ASOS | Scarf: N/A
Bracelets: CC Skye (gold name tag), Innaya Couture (coin), Forever 21 (gun metal), Karen London sold out (pretty blue), Stella and Bow (ruby red)
It’s time for another exciting collaboration post with Target! Today is all about inviting layers into your wardrobe…like now! It’s the perfect time to do it. Layering in the fall is so simple; basically, pair lightweight pieces under chunky fabrics. I’ll tell ya, I am a girl who shamelessly layers all year long. In the summer, you’ll probably see me layering light-weight pieces like a cute dress with a kimono, for example. During the fall and winter seasons, I tend to cover up more (not so sure though how this year will go since I live in LA now). I recently wore this super comfy Target sweater (the kind you can breathe in) with a denim vest in Dallas to keep me stylish AND warm. It was sooo cold that I was layering like it was no body’s bizzzzzness!
Let me cut to the chase. If you’re someone saying, “I can’t layer! It makes me look like freaking Shrek!”, well girl, I’m going to stop you right there. Done right, layering can actually FLATTER your body-type (even if you’re a curvier girl). Yep! Skinny minnies aren’t the only ones who are allowed to sit with this one (Mean Girls movie reference).
Don’t worry if you have no clue on where to start with this whole layering thing. I’ve got you covered!
Tip 1: Three layers is probably enough. Unless you are climbing Mt. Everest, of course. My thing is why make it complicated on yourself? The eye likes to see three (aka rule of thirds) so do that and you’re good!
Tip 2: Chill on the chunky. No need to add bulk around your bulk. Who would want to do that!? Avoid overly fluffy and puffy items too, because this can actually bring more attention to problem areas you’re trying to cover up! Especially for all my curvier women, the layered look is about adding color and warmth not bulk.
Tip 3: Pair lightweight pieces under chunky fabrics. This is what I did in my outfit post (refer to pics above). If you have a chunky piece, like this denim vest, then make sure everything else is nice and slim. It will balance out the chunky!
Tip 4: Layer Jewelry. If you’re too shy to start layering, you can still stay on board with the trend by layering on the jewelry/accessories. I recommend if you’re layering clothing than to stick with casual accessories like stud earrings or a stack of bracelets- but that’s just my personal taste. P.S Scarves count as a fun layering accessory!
Hope this helped!
Celebs Rocking Similar Looks!
Gotta love the boyfriend jeans every once in a while (especially after Thanksgiving)! I decided to go casual with this outfit but give it a chic twist- thanks to these killer pair of python heels from Shoedazzle. It’s safe to say, they make the outfit. Don’t worry, they won’t bite!
Tips to Takeaway:
1. Basic pieces like tank tops and blazers are always great to stock up on! Always in style!
2. Slightly tuck in your loose-fitted tank in the front to give it a chic-slouchy look.
3. Choose hair & makeup wisely! Try to match the mood of your outfit (unless you are purposely contrasting). Sometime makeup and hair can change the look/feel of an outfit.
K time to go catch my flight back to LA! See you on the west coast!
Let’s hang on IG! @SazanBarzani
“What are you thankful for?” It’s a question that’s just as attached to Thanksgiving as the Turkey and mashed potatoes are. I told myself I would take the day off from blogging today, but I couldn’t resist. I’m in the festive mood to share some of the things I am really thankful for this year. Enjoy.<3
1. The Man Upstairs: Without God, I wouldn’t be standing. Especially in a city like Los Angeles. My faith has been tested in so many ways and I am SO thankful for that. Thank you God for showing me that I’m not perfect and I never will be, but that’s okay!
2. My Family, Friends, Yoshi: I am so blessed to have such an amazing family who loves and supports me! I think moving to LA this year really made me realize how lucky I am to have such an awesome family. I am also so so thankful for my amazing group of friends- old and new! You guys keep me grounded. I can’t forget about little Yoshi, our new family pup (shiba inu)! It makes visiting home in Texas that much cozier having a cutie running around. I never had a pet growing up, so Yoshi makes me feel like a kid again. I know, it sounds cheesy. But so true.
4. My Dream Team: I am so thankful for my new management team that literally saved me from wanting to move back to Texas a couple of months ago! I was searching everywhere for a management team that could help me take my career to the next level but I felt so overwhelmed and decided to quit looking. Chasing the dream in Los Angeles is seriously the most draining thing a person can do, so yes there was a brief moment when I wanted to click the eject button! Thank God I didn’t. Mighty Fresh found me and the rest is history. Richard and Jemie you have been more than just managers to me, you guys are my mentors and role models. I am also so thankful for Ian my programmer. SpazMag wouldn’t be up and running without him on the back-end. I am so excited to have these guys on my team! My dream team!
5. My Amazing Followers: This number keeps getting higher and my mouth keeps dropping lower! 70K followers combined on all my social platforms?! It’s so surreal! Ah! Yet so humbling. I can not begin to express how grateful I am for each and every single person who takes the time to support. My blog is just one platform so to connect with so many of you through social media, it’s been so powerful. It’s so fun when I get to meet some of you in person (it makes this so real!), but I also love all the e-meets! You guys inspire me to keep inspiring. Thank you!
6. Texas: I didn’t realize how much I’d miss home until it wasn’t home anymore. Moving to Los Angeles has been one of the best and worst things that’s ever happened to me. It’s not the easiest market to tap into fresh out of college, but it’s forced me to go chase after what I want and be a “big girl”. There is no place like the south, I’ll tell you that! I love chasing the dream in LA, but Texas will always be my home and getaway spot when I need a break. Yeeeehaw! (Sorry, had to.)
What are you guys most thankful for?
Say hello to my cozy sweater dress you all spazzed out about on my Instagram recently! Finally sharing the deets. I found it at Target on the sale rack last week and knew it had to be mine. I’ve been looking everywhere for a loose sweater that I can wear over and over again. The sweater is made to fit loose but I decided to make mine look extra baggy and got a size L. Love it so much! By the way, I’m currently in Texas for Thanksgiving and it is freezing outside. You should see the blooper pics when I tried to shoot this look! I could not stand still. BURRRR #CaliGirlProbs?
Since we’re on the subject of sweaters, and I’ve been gushing about them all season long- Here are three reasons why we REALLY love wearing one:
1. You don’t have to suck anything in (perfect for Thanksgiving hello!)
2. Easy to move/work in
3. Gives you that “I’m super cute, but I totally didn’t try today” look
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving my loves!!!
We can’t have Thanksgiving without some shopping the day after! Right!? I typically try to stay away from crazy-busy stores on Black Friday, because I end up feeling so overwhelmed and forget why I’m there in the first place. Oops! The best Black Friday advice I can give to you this year is to plan out your shopping day before you hit the door. I’ve included some tips below as well as some of the awesome discounts happening at my favorite stores!
1. Make a List- What do you absolutely need? 80% should be needs and the other 20% wants. If you stick to your list, you get distracted and buy everything in sight that has a red sticker on it. You can also make it even easier for yourself by downloading the Black Friday app that will literally help you in more ways than one.
2. Dress Comfortably- Sounds silly but so many people are rushing to the stores they forget to wear appropriate clothes,comfortable shoes and a bag that you can keep attached to you at all times (a cross body or messenger bag is best). Don’t wear anything you’re afraid of losing. Black Friday is no joke!
3. Keep Receipts in One Place- You might get something that you hate and want to return but misplace the receipt! I hate when this happens! Tip: Put a plastic zip-lock bag in your purse and place all of your receipts inside of it. Sometimes when you leave your receipts in the shopping bag or throw it in your purse, you forget about it! You’ll want to keep everything in case something doesn’t work or you regret the purchase.
4. Four Hands Are Better than Two- Bring a buddy! You are not only splitting your strategy by getting some help, but allowing honest assessments about clothing choices and whether the price is really a bargain. I’m indecisive when it comes to shopping so I definitely would need a buddy or two!
5. Follow Brands on Twitter- Thanks God for social media! You never know what your favorite brand might tweet about a sale or new offer. Keep an eye on social media by checking on the latest hashtag #BlackFridayDeals to see what steals people are about!
H&M: Deals starting at $2.95, Scratch-offs for the first 100 people with values up to $300, “Black Friday Deal Days” leading up to Black Friday with up to 70% off at H&M
DVF: Get $50 off when you spend $200 online with code DVFINSIDER now through Dec. 31.
Nordstrom: 40% Kate Spade handbags + more.
Gap: Head over to Gap for up to 60% off online and in-store Nov. 30 through Dec. 2.
BaubleBar (Jewelry): The more you spend, the more you save on BaubleBar‘s selection of jewels. You’ll earn 15 percent off two items with code FRIDAY15, 25% off three items with code FRIDAY25, and even 35 percent off four items or more with code FRIDAY35 on Nov. 29. (My fav is this necklace**Also the one from the collage above!)
Forever 21: Enjoy pre-Black Friday sales at Forever 21 beginning Nov. 20 and featuring styles up to 50 percent off. On Nov. 29, look forward to yellow-tag deals with items starting at $3.
Shopbop: Save 15 percent when you spend $250, 20 percent when you spend $500, and 25 percent when you spend $1,000 on Shopbop from Tuesday (Nov. 26) through Cyber Monday.
House of Harlow: Receive 25 percent off the entire site using the code BLACKHOH from Thursday, Nov. 21, through Cyber Monday.
Bath and Body Works: Spend $40, and get a limited-edition VIP tote filled with the brand’s best sellers for just $20
MAC Cosmetics: Visit the Macy’s counter or website to get the new matte, black lipstick Hautecore
Macy’s: Special sets from brands like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Smashbox, Origins, bareMinerals, on November 29.
Red Carpet Manicure: In Ulta stores, get the Red Carpet Manicure Pro 45 Starter Kit for $50 (originally $80).
Sephora: $10 deals beginning November 29.
Clarisonic: Pick up the new Mia First for only $99 from November 26 to December 5, as well as on December 9, 26, and January 5.
Drybar: Joy to the Hair gift certificates are on sale for $40 (originally $50). Each coaster can be redeemed for one blowout and a scalp massage.
Nordstrom Beauty: Nordstrom stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but you can rest and shop the sales during extended hours on Friday, November 29 and Saturday, November 30. If you shop at a Nordstrom store and spend $150 on women’s fragrance, you can get a snow globe gift with purchase.