Tag Archives: finds
We can’t have Thanksgiving without some shopping the day after! Right!? I typically try to stay away from crazy-busy stores on Black Friday, because I end up feeling so overwhelmed and forget why I’m there in the first place. Oops! The best Black Friday advice I can give to you this year is to plan out your shopping day before you hit the door. I’ve included some tips below as well as some of the awesome discounts happening at my favorite stores!
1. Make a List- What do you absolutely need? 80% should be needs and the other 20% wants. If you stick to your list, you get distracted and buy everything in sight that has a red sticker on it. You can also make it even easier for yourself by downloading the Black Friday app that will literally help you in more ways than one.
2. Dress Comfortably- Sounds silly but so many people are rushing to the stores they forget to wear appropriate clothes,comfortable shoes and a bag that you can keep attached to you at all times (a cross body or messenger bag is best). Don’t wear anything you’re afraid of losing. Black Friday is no joke!
3. Keep Receipts in One Place- You might get something that you hate and want to return but misplace the receipt! I hate when this happens! Tip: Put a plastic zip-lock bag in your purse and place all of your receipts inside of it. Sometimes when you leave your receipts in the shopping bag or throw it in your purse, you forget about it! You’ll want to keep everything in case something doesn’t work or you regret the purchase.
4. Four Hands Are Better than Two- Bring a buddy! You are not only splitting your strategy by getting some help, but allowing honest assessments about clothing choices and whether the price is really a bargain. I’m indecisive when it comes to shopping so I definitely would need a buddy or two!
5. Follow Brands on Twitter- Thanks God for social media! You never know what your favorite brand might tweet about a sale or new offer. Keep an eye on social media by checking on the latest hashtag #BlackFridayDeals to see what steals people are about!
H&M: Deals starting at $2.95, Scratch-offs for the first 100 people with values up to $300, “Black Friday Deal Days” leading up to Black Friday with up to 70% off at H&M
DVF: Get $50 off when you spend $200 online with code DVFINSIDER now through Dec. 31.
Nordstrom: 40% Kate Spade handbags + more.
Gap: Head over to Gap for up to 60% off online and in-store Nov. 30 through Dec. 2.
BaubleBar (Jewelry): The more you spend, the more you save on BaubleBar‘s selection of jewels. You’ll earn 15 percent off two items with code FRIDAY15, 25% off three items with code FRIDAY25, and even 35 percent off four items or more with code FRIDAY35 on Nov. 29. (My fav is this necklace**Also the one from the collage above!)
Forever 21: Enjoy pre-Black Friday sales at Forever 21 beginning Nov. 20 and featuring styles up to 50 percent off. On Nov. 29, look forward to yellow-tag deals with items starting at $3.
Shopbop: Save 15 percent when you spend $250, 20 percent when you spend $500, and 25 percent when you spend $1,000 on Shopbop from Tuesday (Nov. 26) through Cyber Monday.
House of Harlow: Receive 25 percent off the entire site using the code BLACKHOH from Thursday, Nov. 21, through Cyber Monday.
Bath and Body Works: Spend $40, and get a limited-edition VIP tote filled with the brand’s best sellers for just $20
MAC Cosmetics: Visit the Macy’s counter or website to get the new matte, black lipstick Hautecore
Macy’s: Special sets from brands like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Smashbox, Origins, bareMinerals, on November 29.
Red Carpet Manicure: In Ulta stores, get the Red Carpet Manicure Pro 45 Starter Kit for $50 (originally $80).
Sephora: $10 deals beginning November 29.
Clarisonic: Pick up the new Mia First for only $99 from November 26 to December 5, as well as on December 9, 26, and January 5.
Drybar: Joy to the Hair gift certificates are on sale for $40 (originally $50). Each coaster can be redeemed for one blowout and a scalp massage.
Nordstrom Beauty: Nordstrom stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but you can rest and shop the sales during extended hours on Friday, November 29 and Saturday, November 30. If you shop at a Nordstrom store and spend $150 on women’s fragrance, you can get a snow globe gift with purchase.
Hope everyone had a spazzztastic Christmas! Mine turned out to be amazing! I have no complaints and get this- it snowed here in Texas! Now it’s time to get ready for New Years, and I’m super excited because I’ll be ringing in 2013 in Austin with my closest pals.
Speaking of the New Year, I thought I would share a fun little video about some of my favorite beauty items and must haves going into 2013. I want to apologize for the length of this video. It runs at about 11 minutes- I promise to keep it short next time! ha!
SPAZ Beauty Talk
1. Viviscal®- The ultimate hair growth supplements that are scientifically proven to help nourish thinning hair and promote existing hair growth* from within. Only Viviscal® Supplements contain the exclusive marine complex AminoMar™.
(Retail price: $50)
2. Batiste Dry Shampoo- Batiste Dry Shampoo is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. It’s that simple and perfect for on the go!
(Retail price: $10)
3. Too Faced Chocolate Matte Bronzing Powder: combines the natural, therapeutic effects of real cocoa powder with their signature bronzing pigments, creating a unique matte bronzer that neutralizes red and evens out and enhances all skintones.
(Retail price: $29)
4. STILA All Over Luminizer: Ideal for all skin types, a deluxe brush tip makes application a breeze and leaves skin with a dewy, luminous glow.
(Retail Price: $21)
5. Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer: Works like magic! This product is oil-free, creamy, and blendable and has the ability to hide tattoos, dark circles, and blemishes alike!
(Retail price: $30)
6. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder: Formulated for all skin types, the powder contains micronized pigments that will not settle in fine lines or accentuate shadows and instantly delivers a soft, weightless finish.
(Retail price: $22)
BIG news today! It’s official! Luna Boutique has launched their online shop! First, I am SO excited that their clothing is now available online- so many fierce new items! Late night shopping sessions here I come…..
Second, I feel so incredibly honored to be a Luna B model alongside my partner in crime Cristal who is absolutely stunning (“Meet the Girls” Q&A)! I am not a “professional” model (hello I’m 5’3” on a good day) so this entire experience has been a fashionista’s dream come true!
How fab are these pieces!?? There are so many more on the site! Before you head over there, Luna B is giving my SPAZ readers an exclusive 15% off the entire site & free shipping over $75! code is SPAZ15OFF. Better hurry this offer ends Thursday December 20th! Shop all of these looks and more on ShopLunaB.com. Happy Shopping!
Blog Credits: Photographs in this blog post were taken courtesy of TheMANUC for ShopLunaB.com. My makeup was done by MakeupByLiz. Please note, this blog post might be credited on our contributing sites including LuckyMag.com, Fidoo.com, Examiner.com, Chictopia.com, Lookbook.nu, and more.
Tis the season to start thinking about your holiday gift ideas for loved ones and favorite pals. Why stress over gift ideas? Simply click the link next to the description to read more and order if you’re interested. Happy Holidays from Spaz Magazine!
1. KINDLE- Sit back, relax and enjoy some quiet time with a Kindle. Reading made easy for all you book lovers! Price: $69 (shop here)
2. YayLabs Ice Cream Ball Ice Cream Maker- Seriously how cool is this gift? Everyone loves ice cream so you can’t go wrong with this one! It comes in so many fun colors! Price: $21 (shop)
3. Nike+ Fuel Band- In case you want to work off that ice cream, this next one is a fitness must have! Whether you are a workout lover or someone who wants to start getting in shape, this is the perfect gift to keep track of your workout! Price: $166 (shop)
4. Coby 4 GB Video MP3 Player- If you are really on a tight budget this year and want to still find something decent to get your loved one, this 4GB MP3 is an affordable and decent mp3 player, flash drive, and FM radio. Price: $19 (shop here)
5. Home Alone Complete Movie Collection- A holiday classic! He or she will love adding this one to their DVD collection. Who wouldn’t want this? Price: $13 (buy it)
6. The “I Don’t Know How to Cook” Book- For those of you who need a little or a lot of help in the kitchen, this is a great cook book for you! 300 recipes that you can’t mess up! Price: $10 (shop here
1. Kiehl’s Since 1851 Ultimate Gift Set- Rev him up to face every day with this collection of classic Kiehl’s Since 1851 formulas for men. It’s the perfect holiday gift set! Price: $58 (Shop here)
3. Beats by Dre- If you are really in the splurging mood, get these! A top favorite in the market, comes in different colors too! Price: $200 (buy here)
1. Spa in a Basket- This cute little wicker basket has everything you need for a relaxing day at your in home spa. Includes soft slippers, relaxing honey and vanilla scents, and a massage tool. Perfect for mom or girlfriend! Price: $26 (Buy here)
2. Corioliss Gold Glamour Curling Wand- This is the perfect gift for gals who to spice up their straight hairstyles with effortless beach waves/curls. It’s so easy to use- all you have to do is twirl small parts of your hair around the wand, hold for 3-5 seconds and then you’re ready to go! Price: $90 (buy here)
3. Fashion- You can never go wrong with a gift card to her favorite store. But if that’s a boring gift idea to you, maybe shop online? Perhaps one of these fierce items below will satisfy her shopping taste.
HOWDY!!!!! Yep, I totes just said howdy because it feels GREAT being back in Texas after 2 weeks of non-stop traveling! Don’t get me wrong, I had a blast hosting the Lil Miss Lux pageant in Tennessee and all of my exciting meetings in Los Angeles, but I am soo happy to get back to my regular routine (for a little while at least). Anyways back to fashion! Every girl needs a LFD–Little Floral Dress. I absolutely love this one recently purchased from Forever21. It’s super comfortable, and I like that it’s longer in the back. I die!
Spazzing over this look? Connect!
Blog Credits: Photographs in this blog post were taken courtesy of Steak Sauce Production for Spaz Magazine. If you’d like to work with Andy, contact him directly at email@example.com for rates. For image sharing use, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Also note, this blog post might be credited on our contributing sites including Fidoo.com, Examiner.com, StyleItSocial iphone app, Chictopia.com , and Lookbook.nu.
***If you are a designer who wants to showcase items in one of our Spaz Outfit shoots or simply collaborate with us, email email@example.com for more info.