Tag Archives: fashion
Photography: Steaksauce Production
-My Outfit Details-
Bottoms: Virgos Lounge (also comes in turquoise)
Shirt: H&M (shop similar)
Bag: Society of Chic (shop identical $15)
Heels: Zooshoo (also comes in BLK, Red, Green)
Gold Bracelet: CC Skye | Necklaces: N/A
Holy sequins. Today I’m thrilled to share what I wore to the Simply Stylist: Dallas event last Sunday! How major fab are these leggings slash pants?! I got so many compliments on them, (thank you Virgos Lounge!). Trust me, pictures will not do them justice.
Thank you so much to everyone who came out! You guys were so cute!
Part 2: Simply Stylist Blogging 101 RECAP
This is going to be a longer-than-usual blog post. I am including a “Part 2″ to this post which features some of my talking points during the breakout session I hosted called, “Blogging 101.” It was all about getting started and how to slowly transition your blog into a full-time job. I am a very honest and open blogger, so I hope you can take these tips and put ‘em to good use! Always remember what works for one person might not work for another. These are things I tried and they worked well for me! It’s always good, however, to soak up as much information as you can in this field because there is a lot to learn. I wish someone shared these tips with me in the beginning! Enjoy.
Step 1: Getting Started- Expect to invest more than you’re going to get out of your blog in the beginning. The goal of a professional blog should be to use it as a platform to build your brand.
- Discover your passion: What is your passion? What can you seriously write about everyday & never get tired of? For me that was fashion and beauty. More specifically, affordable style & DIY beauty. I also think my middle-eastern roots worked in my favor. Not many known fashion experts with this background! Find your niche.
- Research: Have a good idea of what you’re into before jumping into it. Look to sites like IFB.com as a go-to guide. It helped me so much in the beginning! Also get lost in Google! Research some of the top bloggers in your desired field and simply see what they’re up to. Read their stories. Don’t copy.. simply observe & get inspired!
- Name your blog: Seems like the easiest part, right? Nope. Choose wisely! It’s all about branding a title that represents you. Don’t rush this step.
- Create your blog: Great sites like blogspot, wordpress, etc offer free blog accounts. If you’re willing to put in the extra cash, hire a programmer or an online marketing company that can bring your vision to life. Start saving now.. (aint cheap!)
Step 2: Your blog is set up. Now what?
-Invest in a good camera or work with local photographers who can give you a good rate OR work with you for free to build their portfolio. I own a Canon T3i Rebel with 50 mm lens (purchased on bhphotovideo.com)
-Bookmark go-to online editors/photoshop (I love using Pixlr.com to edit my pics & create collages. I never use photo shop! Too complicated. ha!)
- POST. Discipline yourself in the beginning. It’s going to be tough getting used to this new lifestyle. Your blog will become your baby. Take care of it by posting rich content. AKA Think creatively! Get a planner and set goals at the beginning of each of week so that you start treating it like a job. Start 1-2 times a week and then work your way to posting 5 days a week (full-time).
- Keep your writing simple. This ain’t CNN! Spell check but don’t be afraid to be you.
-Keep an inspiration folder on your desktop, or use Pinterest if you need to get inspired!
-Be social: Your blog is just ONE platform. Build your social media presence to help drive traffic to your blog. 80% should be posts about your blog/brand. The other 20% can be personal tweets etc.
Step 3: Don’t hate, collaborate! Things I did starting out..
-Reach out to other new bloggers and do a fun collab! Link eachothers’ blogs (the more link outs the better!)
-Find new designers/brands on sites like Etsy.com and reach out to them to feature for trade. (This will help you come time to create a press page/kit!)
-Intern for fashion jobs as often as you can. It’s okay to have a blog and intern for other companies at the same time. This will help your blog + you will grow so much!
Step 4: Keep it classy. Always.
- Email etiquette: Go into your settings and custom create a signature, Never start an email or subject with “hey!”, Spell check, Never send mass emails- brands will hate you for this.. spam spam!!
- Network: It’s definitely part of the blogging world! Go out there and don’t be afraid to network and promote your blog. If you’re living in a city where not a lot of events take place, partner up with other bloggers and create your own! P.S Always carry business cards (get them as soon as you’ve created your blog. I love moo.com).
- STAY HUMBLE. The most important tip I can give. Never act like you’re entitled to treat people a certain way because you have a blog. As bloggers it is our job to inspire the public. All money aside, that is the goal at the end of the day! The more you humble yourself, the more respected you will be. Being snobby will only tear down your empire. Always remind yourself (constantly) that your blog is standing because of your audience. Engage your readers and more importantly, appreciate every single one of them.(LOVE MY SPAZZERS!)
I can’t get enough of this skirt. It’s the second time I’ve worn it in less than 2 weeks but, who’s counting?! I am so into the preppy chic style right now. Try it! Rock a button-down under a sweater or dress for a stylish take over. It’s a totally says, “Look at me I’m classy but love to spice up my wardrobe!”
Of course, I had to add the Sazan edge to this look with some killer fabulous heels. I teased these babies on my Insta a few weeks ago and so many of you were dying to know the brand. They look like am million bucks huh? Well, you better believe they’re just under $60 on Shoedazzle! I know I’m always wearing shoes from this brand, but I promise I’m not their paid spokesperson (I totally should be though!) I’m just a fan who loves receiving awesome shoes from them every month. When I get into a groove of loving something, I have a difficult time letting go. Gotta love a brand that keeps you hooked!
Hi guys! Today is the first video I’m releasing in my three part “Get the Face” series that is going to show my lip, eyes, and eyebrow routines (as pictured). First up?! Lips. Through the art of makeup, we are able to manipulate the appearance of our lips to make them look slightly fuller and more defined. It’s a small tip that will make a big difference in your makeup life (literally)! No lip plumper. No botox. All you need is some key makeup products to achieve this super easy technique. Try it once and you’re hooked. Enjoy the video!
Want more videos? Subscribe to my NEW Youtube channel here!
Leggings: Forever 21 (shop here)
Sweater: H&M (shop similar)
Bag: Just Fab (shop here** more colors)
Heels: Forever 21 (shop here)
Sunglasses: Nordstrom (shop similar)
Lipstick: Tom Ford (shop here) **I’m wearing Bruised Plum
Happy Friday! I’m ending my work week in one of my favorite fall trends: PLAID! These leggings are actually $10 from Forever 21 and are still available online for those who have been asking about them on my Instagram! I see definitely see myself wearing these over and over again. Reeeeeemix! Oh by the way, I’ve been obsazzing over dark lipstick for fall. It’s so edgy and can really complete a look!
Weekly Recap: Here’s a recap of this week’s blog posts in case you missed one! It’s hard to keep up with me, (I can barely keep up with myself), so I am going to start a new thing where I update you at the end of each week! Enjoy & have a great weekend guys!
Sunday: Shop the Bag You’ve Been Lusting Over
Monday: Blogger Style Out- 1 Dress, 3 Ways
Tuesday: Win $500 Worth of Dittos Denim
Wednesday: 40% Off With Stella and Jamie
Thursday: You’re Invited: Simply Stylist Dallas (I’ll be there!)
If you’ve been shopping around for the perfect denim jeans, well you can give yourself a little break because today I’m sharing an awesome giveaway opportunity! I’m all about this collaboration with Dittos brand. They’ve teamed up with 5 bloggers (including me) to give a lucky winner $500 worth of Dittos denim. I repeat 500 DOLLARS WORTH! Details below.
All you’ve got to do is vote for your favorite blogger (cough cough) and if she wins than you could win too! Vote on their FB Dittos page HERE. If you’re the person saying, “why bother, I never win anything!” quit saying that and VOTE! You’ll never win with that attitude! Super easy and takes less than a minute. Giveaway ends Friday Nov. 15th!
Have stylish day and best of luck Spazzers!