It’s no secret that I’m a scents person. I love cozy candles, the smell of fresh flowers, and more recently, I’ve been learning about the benefits of essential oils. I’m such a nerd because I’ve spent some time (maybe too much time) researching the benefits. I quickly learned that essential oils don’t work for everyone, but there’s no harm in trying them as long as you use them in a safe way. The good news is that even if they just boost your mood, it can make a positive impact on your health and well-being. That’s been my reason for using them. 🙂
According to my research, did you know?
• The sense of smell is the first of all our senses to develop.
• Citrus oils like lemon, orange, and grapefruit have been found to boost positive thoughts and enhance your mood.
• Twenty-eight cups of peppermint tea is equal to one drop of peppermint essential oil.
• There are five drops of lemon essential oil in one lemon.
• Early kings and queens hired royal herb strewers to scatter herbs in their path—sweetening the air and warding off bad vibes.
• Smells evoke memories because they’re processed by the olfactory bulb, which directly links to the amygdala and hippocampus.
• Less than 1 percent of the entire plant species population produces essential oil.
• When harvesting plants for essential oils, the time of year can significantly alter the smell.
• Our sense of smell is strongest in the spring and summer due to the added moisture in the air.
• In the 1950s, essential oils began to be used in massage therapy.
It doesn’t end there! A personal fun fact: it was Stevie who first introduced me to the power that is essential oils. He started using them for his sinus infections that he would get all the time, and that’s when I started noticing them. I highly suggest you look up some more fun facts about essential oils if you’re a newbie like me. It’s so fun when you’re out and see some of your favorite everyday household products incorporating essential oils in their ingredients.
A recent product I’ve been trying is Gain with Essential Oils. I was intrigued to try it, since stevie and teeny both tend to be more sensitive to detergents with scents. Safe to say, I don’t have to separate our laundry loads anymore! A little goes a long way so we’re not wasting as much detergent doing a ton of loads, and best of all, everyone loves it and the smell is so good! That’s the power of essential oils! Gain is going to give all my readers $1 off if you’d like to give it a try! Click here for $1 off your purchase now through 7/4, available at Target 🙂
Special thanks to Gain for sponsoring this post.
Until next time…