Hi guys! I can’t believe 2016 is already coming to a close… so much has happened! To slow it down for a second in the middle of all the holiday craziness, Stevie and I wanted to spend a cozy night in. We’ve been married almost two years now (wow!), and even though we always travel slash go home for the holidays, I still wanted to start our own little tradition. So, I decided to host an intimate dinner for two in our backyard.
My Holiday Table
Instead of our regular 5’o’clock dinner on the couch, I decided to spice it up a bit and get creative. I think it’s important to switch it up for an intimate date night. Here’s my secret recipe! 😉
– 1 patio table covered in a white linen tablecloth
– 2 green leafy branches cut from our tree in the backyard
– 2 candlesticks & 4 smaller candles
– Kate Spade dish set from Lenox
– Water and wine glasses
– 2 personalized calligraphy place cards by the talented Jess Gatlyn of Bohemian Ink
– 1 handsome husband! (sold separately..hehe) 😉
I thought it would be hard but it was honestly so fun to set up! It definitely helped that I had some new dishes and glasses from Lenox to set the table 🙂 I actually didn’t know how to properly set a table, so I did some research and got inspo from Pinterest and found it to be pretty quick and easy!
Whether you’re setting a table for two or for a group, here are a few tips to make your arrangement look spectacular:
1. Figure out your theme. Since it’s the holidays, I was able to nail down colors and patterns to really give that holiday vibe.
2. Don’t overcrowd! No need to use every single nice dish that you have. Simplify and make it elegant!
3. Personalize. Find a cute font online or take a nice pen and make place cards with each guests’ name.
4. Color scheme. I like to keep mine simple (blue, white, a little green). Whatever your preference, just be sure to keep it to under 3 colors so it’s easy on the eyes!
Best of all, I’m teaming up with Lenox to give you guys an exclusive code so that you can get some fabulous pieces of your own! Just go to Lenox.com and use promo code SAZAN20 for 20% off.
Let me know what you guys end up getting in the comments below!