Behind-the-Scenes of Blogging
Sometimes my day includes a million things: blog shoots, meetings, walking the dog, more blogging, running errands…I’m out of breath just thinking about it! When I know I have a long day ahead, I like to rely on my trusty routine. In other words, when I find a routine that works for me, I like to stick to it. Like my mama says, no need to fix what ain’t broke! And for my busy lifestyle, less is more- AKA- the easiest routine is the best routine!
Here are a couple of ways that I prep for a busy day ahead:
1. I wash my hair the night before if I know I’ll have a busy next day. It saves me a few hours in the morning, which gives me time to spend with my dog Sweetie or run a few personal errands.
2. You’d think after blogging for 4+ years, the outfit planning process gets easier…but the truth is, it’s always based off my mood! I like to wait until the night before (or sometimes even the day of!) to layout my outfits. I’ve learned that putting an outfit together on the floor and seeing it from an aerial perspective shows me what will work best. Then of course, I’ll try it on for the final check.
Once my outfit’s ready, we load up in the car. Oftentimes we shoot outfits in bulk so that we can prepare for the entire week in advance, and I turn the backseat of my car into a mini dressing room. It can get a little bumpy! It’s nothing fancy, it’s just real life. With that being said, it’s pretty crucial to go with a streak-free deodorant ladies- I’ve learned this the hard way! When I’m putting on deodorant in a moving car and trying to change clothes at the same time, I have to make sure I’m not gonna have any white marks under my arms. Dove’s new Invisible Antiperspirant is my favorite by far- it never, ever shows up on my clothes. Like I said- if something works, why change it?
A few other essentials that I keep in my to-go bag for those busy days:
1. Beauty bag for touch-ups – translucent powder, lightweight brush, and a lip gloss. and a couple different lipstick shades in case i wanna switch it up
2. Oil blot sheets
3. Texture spray to keep my hair volumized
4. Lots of extra bobby pins and hair clips
That’s pretty much it! Life’s busy, so sticking to my simple routine keeps me sane when things get crazy.
Special thanks to Dove, a brand that I love, for sponsoring this post. See more here! xo