One question you guys often ask (especially lately!) is when Stevie and I will have kids. By the looks of this photo it must be time, right? Not so fast….
Girl Talk (Boys skip this part): When we were in New York last week something felt different. I noticed I was a few days late – but that’s normal when I travel. What I couldn’t understand was why I started spotting. That never happens to me. I somehow convinced myself I was pregnant and told Steve the news. Stevie looked at me like God knows how many times when I’ve cried baby. lol! Later that night, we were in a cab heading to see Aladdin on Broadway (so fun btw!!) and Steve said, “Is it weird that I wouldn’t be disappointed?” I was confused for a second because I totally forgot I was “pregnant.” When we got back to the hotel later that night — my period arrived, fashionably late of course. ha!
I couldn’t get what Stevie said off my mind. It’s still on my mind. Are we ready? I definitely don’t have the answer to that, but for what it’s worth, here are 6 things I must do before we put a bun in the oven. See below…
- 1. Live a little – I want to live life uninterrupted. Just me and Steve. For us that means more date nights, spontaneous surprises, lots of romance, and fun activities.
- 2. Hang out with some Kids – I need to know what I’m getting into. Our best friends Josh and Misha have a 6 month old boy (HE’S THE CUTEST!!!!) so I think we need to play house. 😉
- 3. Travel more (not for work) – Even though we travel all the time, it’s usually a work trip of some sort. Stevie and I decided before our Alaska trip that we wanted to plan a few more spontaneous trips before baby Hendrix.
- 4. Grow up – Sometimes I feel like we’re still kids. There are a lot of areas in my life that I still need to conquer before hearing the word, “mommy!” Stevie too!
- 5. Fitness Goals – maybe this is a selfish one, but I love my high intensity workouts. When I’m pregnant I know my vigorous cycling days will be over for 9 months. I’m so close to reaching my #bodygoals – I can’t stop now!
- 6. Conquer my Fears & Learn Basic Things Like… – I don’t know how to ride a bike (like an actual bike! ahahha). Also if my feet can’t touch the bottom of a pool, consider me hanging out on the sidelines. I’ve always had a silly fear of water (especially being out in the middle of the ocean), but I want to conquer my fears before having kids. Stevie said he will teach me how to be like him. hehe
So no babies on the agenda for us anytime soon, but is there really a time stamp for when to have a baby? With my 27th birthday right around the corner, I wonder what God has in store for us. You just never know. xo!
P.S. 5 Things I’ve Learned about my Marriage
P.S.S.! Our winner for the Freebie Friday NYFW Swag Bag (over $350 value AH!) is Steph0095! Congrats girl! Expect an email from my team soon 🙂
Photo credit: Jon Volk