Packing List: 10 Things to Take on a Weekend Getaway
Happy (almost) 4th of July! While many of you may be taking weekend getaways, I’m excited to host my in-laws who are coming in from Austin this weekend. It was recently requested by many of my readers to share more guides around packing for summer trips. If you’re heading out of town this weekend, I rounded up a packing list of 10 things you shouldn’t forget!
1. Cute Sunnies – you’ll end up buying a pair if you don’t pack one, so bring a style that you can wear all weekend long and aren’t afraid to scuff up.
2. Denim Shorts – because they go with everything. Duh! 😉
3. A Fun Bag – perfect for the beach or going out.
4. Comfy sandals – need I say more? I’d go with a cute embellished sandal for a vacation- one you can wear around comfortably during the day but also with a fun dress at night.
5. A light sweater or a denim jacket for evenings – I don’t plan on the weather getting too cold (especially out here on the west coast), but it’s definitely nice to have a light cardigan handy for those breezy summer nights!
6. A comfy loose tee – this is a must! I love a plain white tee that I can wear casually around or tie at the waist for a loose crop-top feel.
7. Your favorite summer dress – when I’m traveling, I love wearing dresses that are comfortable but have a unique detail or off-the-shoulder style.
8. Swimsuit – instead of the traditional stars and stripes, go with a fun print like polka dots and a red, white, or navy suit color.
9. Breezy cover-up- the perfect transition dress from the beach to the BBQ party.
10. Sun Hat – The bigger the better right? I prefer a medium sized sun hat in case you plan on sun bathing..or hiding a bad hair day. 😉
Bonus tip: I recently read that you should pack in a single color scheme – this way you can mix and match items, and save a little room in your suitcase! Genius.
Click or tap on the images below to shop, if you’d like!
I aim to be patriotic without looking too cheesy. Do you guys have any plans this weekend? I want to know! 🙂
P.S. My 4th of July Style Story + Party Snack Recipes