My coverage from NYFW continues today with some of my favorite spring/summer fashion week runway trends mixed in with my street-style from NYC. I love chasing style on a budget and mixing high and low pieces inspired from the runway to the real-way.
Here are some trends to look out for if you’re into that sort of thing. Try not to pay attention to the outfits so much (because some of these look a little hideous) – it’s more about the aesthetic and overall vibe.
1. Wide Leg Trousers / Loose Pants: No matter how hard I try, I’m 5’2” so wide leg pants for me are hard to find without swallowing me up and spitting me out. I’ve found an alternative way to rock this trend through cropped styles made for petite gals and/or trousers that are fitted at the hem.
2. Crop Tops and Cut Outs: This trend isn’t a newbie but it’s gaining more popularity every season. The only time I feel comfortable showing a little belly is if my bottom piece is high-waisted. Seldom will you see my belly button. I feel more comfortable this way, and it’s nice not having to worry about sucking your stomach in every 2 seconds. (especially when you sit!)
See how I rocked these two trends together during NYFW below.
(Outfit Details) Crop top: ASOS (old, shop similar here, here) // Pants: Topshop (wide leg styles here, here) // Sunglasses: Celine (cheaper version here) // Bag: Henri Bendel // Boots: Just Fab (n/a, shop similar)
3. Western/ ’70s style: I went to NYC with the ’70s on my mind. It’s one of my favorite decades for the playful prints, fun accessories and suede print. Coach took it to a whole new level on their runway show this season with mixing and matching western with ’70s vibes. Here’s how I took a splash of inspiration from the runway to my realway look. (see below)
(Outfit Details Look #1) Crop top: Topshop // Front button skirt: Topshop // Boots: Zara (another cute option here) // Sunglasses: Henri Bendel // Bag: Henri Bendel // Bracelets: Gorjana, Coordinates Collection)
(Outfit Details Look #2) Matching Set: T-Bags Los Angeles // Boots: Just Fab (shop similar) // Eyewear: Celine // Cell-phone bag: Vanesa Rey
(Outfit Details Look #3) Dress: Zara (more fun styles here, here) // Turtle Neck Top: H&M (non-turtle neck option here) // Boots: Zara (shop similar) // Eyewear: Nasty Gal // Bag: Henri Bendel (obsazzed with this bag!)
3. White Out: This trend totally wipes out the rule about not wearing white after Labor Day. Bye Felicia! White is one of my go-to neutral shades that I refuse to give up. I love how chic it can make you look and feel. (especially a little white dress!)
4. Feminine meets Masculine: When I saw that boy sneakers paired with girly pieces were in style – I jumped for joy. This is a feminine meets masculine trend is actually one that I’ve been rocking for months now. So boo-yah and bye-bye killer heels.